The record of my work for my Media Studies lessons with Mr Henton



Sunday 5 December 2010

What I have learnt from watching the Horror Film openings

When adding the opening credits to my movie i need to remember the openings to the three films:
-Splice
-Dawn of the Dead
-Mimic

As my opening is going to have alot of footage and we will be short on space for opening titles, i think it will be important that we have our credits over the top of the footage. We have also made a decision that the opening credits are more effective when the film title is left till the end to be revealed. This adds suspense and tension leading up to the titles. We have also learnt that the main actors and actresses, producers and production companies are displayed in the opening credits as many people leave the cinema before the end of the final credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment